On this Father's Day,
As I look at the reflection in my mirror,
My confident image poses uncomfortably.
Each year I'm reminded that I'm scarred.
And nothing can make up for being scarred.
I was just a living accessory to your hate - her.
And innocently guilty of what I knew - love.
Divorced parents - he walked and stayed absent.
A victim of love? Label me that too.
But I'm the wannabe architect of love,
Shared between a man and a woman,
With a hole in my soul
That bears your resemblance - Daddy.
So, I'll just continue to suck it up, not fuck it up.
And learn to give and demand better - love.
Scarred.

brownsugatou
Copyright 2010

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, June 20, 2010 Posted in | , | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Scarred"














Copyright 2008-2012 All Rights Reserved.



















Poetry Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory