"Amazing Grace", Aretha Franklin's best selling musical project ever is finally being turned into a concert film. I have purchased the CD twice, and the first time I was going through some hard times... Aretha's version of "Old Landmark" saved me and still gives me chills when I hear her "sang it!". See my poem "Brown Suga Baby". Anyway, I am glad Sydney Pollack documented the recording of "Amazing Grace"... if it is the last movie I go see or the last DVD I ever purchase... I have lived! Here's the trailer.(The CD also features sermons from Aretha Franklin's late father, the Rev. C.L. Franklin - I am also hoping there is footage of him included in the film.)





Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 18, 2010 Posted in | , , , | 4 Comments »

One Responses to "Aretha Franklin: "Amazing Grace""

  1. LITE says:

    I am just as excited. Aretha's Amazing Grace was nothing short of amazing. Aretha took all her troubles to Jesus and in the process took us on a scared musical journey of uninhibited conviction and sobering confessional intensity.

  1. brownsugatou says:

    "Uninhibited conviction" ... this definitely describes her music. There are not a lot of artists who sing with conviction these days. How you are commercially packaged is a priority in this current musical age. Sad. :-(

  1. niko says:

    Man, this will be such a blessing! Tears kept rolling down my face when I just saw the trailer. It will be like a time travel to a place I always wanted to be.
    @LITE you are so right!

  1. La Shante' says:

    I had portions of this monumental Live performance, but it was on a reel to reel. The thing just crumbled to pieces over the years. Does anyone know where I might find the DVD?














Copyright 2008-2012 All Rights Reserved.



















Poetry Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory