Keeping it short and funky. Setting these words to music one day? - possibly. But this piece is based on a real life experience - my past relationship with a "local" underground hip hop artist. I've already shared "The First Ladies of Hip Hop". When I share with you another piece "My Black Man" you'll see how it all comes together.
Can I Love You and Hip Hop Too?
Can I love You and Hip Hop too?
Treasure your cloud of smoke
And withstand you not being you?
Can I love You and Hip Hop too?
Stand patiently by your dreams
And not ask what you can do for you?
Can I love You and Hip Hop too?
Walk invisibly in my footsteps
And watch my soles become you?
Can I love You and Hip Hop too?
© 2009 C. Thomas a.k.a. brownsugatou
Official Trailer- BASS EX MACHINA
-
While I was sleeping, Netflix dropped a trailer for Tyree Henry's steamfunk
western *BASS X MACHINA*.
The sales pitch:
From the studio that brought you...
3 weeks ago
One Responses to "Can I Love You and Hip Hop Too?"
Post a Comment